Monday, May 02, 2005

Shh!! Don't offend the Homophobes

At the Risk of Incriminating Myself as a Big Fat Nerd...
I really hope I'm not the only one that makes use of Wikipedia's "Random Page Search," but many a bored nights, I've found myself surfing them with nothing else to do and not wanting to subject myself to what my boyfriend probably too-acurately calls the "fear-mongering" of the news and mass-media in general.

Anywho, I came across this article: If you don't want to read... that's alright. I'll highlight what I found to be important ;)

So apparently, it's not PC to say "homophobic" anymore. This term has been deemed misleading and lacking in truly portraying the characteristic of a person that doesn't like gay people. The less offensive term is "SEXUALIST."

Definition: A sexualist is a person who believes his/her sexual behaviors are intrinsically superior to another set of sexual behaviors and thus discriminates against people that practice sets of sexual behaviors that he/she deems different from his/her own.


So please, do your part to make the world a better place and when you come across a person fitting this definition, make sure to refer to them under the proper term sexualist so as not to offend them.

Love ya!
-T.

No comments: